As the saying goes, “A healthy mind resides in a healthy body”. For a healthy body, we should eat healthy food. But eating just the right food is not enough, more important is how you eat it …..i.e. the right eating habits.
|Image source: http://maxpixel.freegreatpicture.com/Health-Blueberry-Grape-Fruits-Healthy-Peach-1899886|
- Chew your food properly. Don’t have your food in haste. Enjoy every bite.
- Food should be consumed in pleasant, stress-free and comfortable surroundings. So, no arguments and fights while having meals.
- Don’t have refrigerated/chilled water along with the meals as that creates a sludge in your stomach and results in indigestion. Instead have lukewarm water by taking a sip or two.
- Don’t take tea/ coffee along with meals as that results in acidity and indigestion. There should be a gap of 2 hrs between a meal and tea/coffee intake.
- Fruits should not be consumed with or after meals. Having them with meals leads to gas problems, bloating and acidity. Consume fruits between 2 main meals as a snack or one hr before taking meals.
- Some people tend to smoke after meals, this habit should be curtailed as it increases the bad effect of smoking 10 times and chances of cancer is also more.
- We should not bath immediately after having meals as during bathing, blood circulation goes towards feet and hands and that affects the digestion process.
- Do not sleep immediately after having meals as it increases the chances of acidity and indigestion. If you wish to, just lie down for 10 mins on your left side and your head should be above your tummy.
- Have your dinner 2-3 hrs before you go to bed.
- Have a glass of milk at bedtime for a soundful sleep to wake you up fresh in the morning.