When it comes to Feng Shui, many people believe that its principles can only be applied to the home environment. However, there’s an intriguing aspect of Feng Shui – the Eight Mansions School – that considers both the house chart and an individual’s birth year to determine their lucky and unlucky directions. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of calculating your Gua number, which can provide insight into your personal auspicious and inauspicious directions.
How to calculate Gua Number
Calculating your Gua number is simple, and all you need is your birth year. The process differs slightly based on whether you are male (or identify more with the male gender) or female.
Gua number for a female:
- Add all the digits of the birth year – continue the addition, till you get a single-digit number. So if you are born in 1974, this will give 1+9+7+4 = 21 => 2+1 => 3.
- Add 4 to it, this will give us 3+ 4 = 7, so for the female born in the year 1974, the Gua number is 7.
Consider another female born in 2008,
Year of birth = 2008 Sum of all digits: 2 + 0 + 0 + 8 = 10 => 1+0 = 1 Add 4 to it: 1 + 4 = 5
So this female Gua number is 5.
In the case of a female with a Gua number of 5, it is considered to be 8.
Gua number for a male:
- Add all the digits of the birth year- continue the process, until you get a single-digit number. So consider a male born in 1971, we will get 1+9+7+1 = 18 => 1+8 = 9.
- Next subtract it from 11, so we get 11-9 = 2. The man has Gua number 2.
Consider another male born in 2009,
Year of birth = 2009 Sum of all digits: 2 + 0 + 0 + 9 = 11 => 1 + 1 => 2 Subtract it from 11: 11 - 2 = 9
The male Gua number is 9.
If a male’s Gua number is 5, it is considered to be 2.
Discover Your Lucky Directions:
Now that you’ve calculated your Gua number, it’s time to uncover your auspicious and inauspicious directions! Click this link to learn more about the Eight Mansions School and find out how to align your life with your lucky directions.
Want to Support me?
If you like the content of this site and would like to give back, you can support me:
- By commenting on the post and sharing your thoughts, if there is any way I can make this site more useful, I would be happy to oblige.
- By sharing the content with your friends and family members.
- The site is enrolled on Google Adsense, the revenue generated from ads will be used for keeping the site running, and for research and development.
I’m grateful to see many people who find enough value in the content of this site to contribute back. Seeing contributions helps me feel in a more immediate way how much the content helps people.Love and Peace