Cool off this Hot Hot Summer
Tips to banish summer woes:
- Start your day with warm water with a dash of lemon to get rid of the toxins.
- Go for a sumptuous but refreshing breakfast that include lots of fruits and a whole wheat toast. Ripe summer fruits such as melons, watermelons and peaches are excellent.
- Consume lots of leafy lettuce and cucumbers in salads to stay cool.
- Take a lot of raw onion or onion slices dipped in vinegar as onion has the ability to beat the heat and provide relief from summer ailments.
- Have liberal amounts of aam panna, mint tea as they are very good heat relievers.
- Avoid non-vegetarian foods during summers as they are heat-producing foods.
- Have less of chilly and spicy foods.
- Consume fried and oily foods in limited quantities.
- Hydrate yourself well with plenty of fluids such as plain water, fresh fruit and vegetable juices, green tea etc.
- Go easy on probiotics like yogurt as they have a healthy gut bacteria to relieve off any stomach ailments.
- Have less of tea and caffeinated beverages as they produce heat in the body.
- Have a light and healthier dinner to have a peaceful and easy sleep without getting up with lethargy and sleep such as oats porridge with milk and chopped fruits or have oats poha with a lots of veggies.
- For water retention , avoid salt at night.
- Last, but not the least, wear loose, light colored cotton clothes and avoid going in the sun from 11-4pm.