As the summers have set in, most of us must have experienced an upset stomach once in a while or so. It could range from indigestion, acidity to irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea cramps.
Don’t stress over this…..just try these:
- Have bananas, as they are easily digestible, contain pectin, which firms bowel movements and soothes the stomach muscles.
- Rice—White rice is best as it is easy on the sensitive digestive system and helps ease diarrhea. Also, the rice water left over after cooking rice relieves inflammation and soothes the stomach.
- Fresh mint—helps the flow of bile juice, relax stomach muscles and aids in digestion. Boil some mint leaves in 1 cup water and have this decoction after the meals.
- Ginger—relieves stomach cramps and diarrhea. Sip slowly warm ginger tea/ginger ale.
- Yogurt—with a healthy dose of probiotics, it aids in digestion and reduces the uncomfortable feeling.
- Coconut water—a natural drink that soothes the tummy and helps to replenish lost electrolytes.
- Chamomile tea—helps to ease the pain from an upset stomach by acting as an anti-inflammatory. Chew
- Saunf (fennel seeds) after meals as chewing releases secretion of digestive juices. Have lemon juice in a cup of warm /hot water and sip slowly. It helps in flushing out the toxins, lemon helps to break down the food and eases the work of stomach acids.
Teepz: Have light, freshly cooked meals and made with seasonal produce.