Colorful Rainbow soup:
Tomato — 1 & 1/2 cup puree
Carrot — 1/2 cup (fine chopped)
Broccoli — 1/2 cup (cut in florets)
Cabbage — 1/4 cup (shredded)
Mushroom — 5-6 pieces (cut into halves)
Sweet corn — 1/2 cup
French beans — 1/4 cup
Black Pepper — 1 tsp
Garlic — 1 tsp (finely chopped)
Salt — to taste
Butter — 2 tsp
Water — 4-5 cups (depending upon the consistency)
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, fry garlic paste and add tomato puree and saute for 1/2 minute.
- Add all the vegetables except cabbage and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and simmer for 5-6 mins.
- Now add cabbage, bring to boil, add seasonings and salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
- You can try replacing tomato puree with potato mash, both provide rich thick base to the soup.Potato is a rich source of potassium and other minerals
- Can replace mushrooms with fine cut cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is an instant source of energy, very helpful in recovering from the weakness due to viral, a common monsoon ailment.
- You can also add finely chopped garlic. This steaming cup of soup can be used when suffering from cold or sore throat.