|By Sushant savla – Own work, GFDL, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=15000412|
No need to worry, the black salt or popularly called ‘kala namak’ in Indian kitchens can come to your rescue!! It has immense health benefits:
- It has a coolant effect on body, so, consume it during summers to keep heat at bay.
- It helps in digestion, constipation, bloating and gas problems and acts as an effective laxative that’s why it’s an important ingredient in various churans and digestive pills.
- It helps in clearing sore throat and clogged nose.
- It’s an amazing antidote to acidity and heart burn owing to its alkaline nature.
- It helps in thinning of blood thus aiding in proper circulation of blood helping in cardiovascular disease.
- As black salt is less in sodium (as compared to table salt) and rich in potassium, it helps in relieving muscle cramps.
- It is rich in minerals, that boost hair growth and strengthen the hair.
- An effective remedy for joint pains when used as a heating pad.
|By Jellyboots at English Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=39373630|